Sunday, August 9, 2009

flowery cards

Here are a couple of cards I made this weekend. This one I made for a friend that earned her Ph.D. this spring. She is moving to Texas to teach at a university. We will sure miss her at church. She sat on the pew in front of Aunt Sue and I. She and nice man at church started dating at the beginning of the year! He has to stay here because he is in the military...but I sure hope that their life together is just getting started.

The stamps used on this card were from Papertrey Ink...(Vintage picnic) New Leaf green cardstock and kraft cardstock. Colored with copic markers. Just the Spellbinders nestibilities in my Cuttlebug to cut out the shape. Patterned paper is from Michael's but can't remember who the manufacture is. Ribbon is new leaf from PPI. Sentiment is from PPI stamp set called Wishing You.


Here is the other card made this weekend. This is a thank you card to a lady from church who invited us to lunch this past week. She lives in Oakridge, TN., but she and her husband have property and old family home here and come maintain it once in a while. It was a fun lunch and hope we can go again soon.


Details on this card are New Leaf cardstock from PPI. Patterned papers from Michael's. Stamp set is Violets from Flourishes. Colored with Copic markers. Ribbon is from Sharon Johnson's store. It's silk and really makes a nice bow. I also bought a Bow Easy from her store so I could tie nice bows! It makes a big difference. I used a Spellbinders nestabilities lab die to cut out the stamped image.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi Sandy, you are really "putting" out the cards lately...yay!!! Wow I really didn't like new leaf till I saw these cards what a great combo! Fantastic colouring too, can't get the "hang" of my copics. Must email you real soon :) Denise